Disclaimer

Disclaimer: All postings seen here are not intended to provide financial or legal services. They are solely experiences, experessions, ideas or thoughts from a normal everyday Latino Man. I simply wish to share them with those that will read them.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Overwhelming Internet  and its Opportunities


The other day I was thinking how incredible life is and all the things that happen on a daily basis to each of us, its amazing how we even survive the everyday stress, job, kids, business, life, retirement and well the list goes on. This was brought on after my Affiliate website from Amazon was terminated because of a bill signed in July 2011 the Governor of California. I am sure many of you are aware and for those not familiar, it was a bill signed into law related to Taxes charged on products purchased through Amazon…yada-yada.

Well low-n-behold, this was initiated by no other than Wal-Mart; it seems they spent over 750 Million dollars to get this bill singed into state law, and they are trying to push it into Federal law. Wal-Mart is going global with their website and I guess they don’t like Amazon and there no Tax charge, well at least here in California…I am sure it is happening in other states, but I am not completely read up on it. But my topic is not really solely related to this, I was thinking about how incredible the Internet has made it easy for anyone to market their product or service, the sad thing is that it also allows imitation products and services to be in the mix and well some that are not so computer trending can be taken for a bad financial ride or experience.

With all the Social Media networks out there, My Space, Face Book, Tweeter, Blogger, and well a huge list of these networks, not to forget to mention all the affiliate programs out there that company offer, you know what I am talking about, such as Amazon, Target, etc and even a whole lot of smaller companies that are not recognizable and well with any of them people are taken for a ride financially. Some folks put there money, time into these programs or opportunities and end up losing or simply making a smitten.

Now, wait don’t get me wrong, there are affiliate programs and business out there that really do make you money, then thing is that with most folks, like 97 percent, sort of like the stock marker, these folks simply give up after the first 6 months…so obviously these folks make it there new job or duty to outs the company that took there money or time. But in reality, any business requires patience, consistency and most importantly time. But you need to be careful on how you spend your time and make certain that you spend only an amount of money you are willing to give up, because most of us can find an extra little change to do some minor marketing online, it is a matter of wanting to or better said wiliness to do so.

The thing is that I was thinking about the internet, the opportunities seen through out and how impressive we have come along over the past decade. Now as I was thinking, I know that there are legitimate businesses out there that require actual leg-work that can also make3 you money, but those actually require money on our part and many of us don’t have a large amount of money to invest. If you look closely, seriously and think about it, it really does take money to make money. The amount you spend dictates the amount you will make. Small investment gives small residuals; large investments will give you larger residuals/income. The same is with labor dedicated to the opportunity; smaller amount you dedicate provides smaller returns, as well as larger amount of labor dedicated will give you larger returns. The thing is if you work hard for say three years maybe longer or less, depending on you and the product or service, then later in your life/business it will mean that you will work less – maybe, if you properly set things in place. I don’t know…I know many, many have started and failed in a business, I have done hundreds through out my 20 year span of attempting businesses, many failed maybe because of me and others failed simply because the system, product or service was not good or not brought in at the right time…who knows – everyone has there own story to tell.

Now, I have a few I run, and I talk about them in my blog, I created a separate tab/page for it, but that’s not why I am here, (I keep going off on a tangent) my thing is the whole internet, social networks and well how it is slowly becoming a whole bunch of red tape; now this coming November there will be something, on the ballet, regarding the overturning of that bill sign in July regarding the taxes…maybe I am not to informed, I am reading as much as I can, All I know is that I lost my affiliate (Amazon) website which in turns means one avenue of money that was coming in for my family…what can I Say.

Now, the good thing is that my other affiliate website I have, mentioned here in my blog, are not affected, which is fantastic and like I said some income is better than nothing…even with the minimal effort I am putting into it. I think the only bit of advice if you are looking into any affiliate business or other opportunities is to do your research, and make certain you have these 2 things; Time, and most definitely important some kind of free cash flow you can dedicate to driving (marketing) customers to your product(s) or services, because without either of these variables…any business will not make it…straight and simple. The opportunities are out there it’s a matter of finding one that fits your style or better said your personality. Just don’t get overwhelmed with all the information you will or might see, 97 percent of what you see is false, finding the other 3 percent is the job, but if you can find one, and only one opportunity that works…why not do it…but remember patience, consistency and time will be your friends. Its amazing as what you’ll find and I am still amazed each day, at seeing the same infomercial selling the same idea seeing a decade ago…just a another younger hustler making it look amazing and easy…hmmm.

I don’t know, I found what works and I am building or working on building more cash flow so I can invest on a few other businesses that I know work, but require more free cash flow. Also, a bit of advice, if you partake in any Social Networks, please be careful on what you post, say, or comment on, because it has become a new thing that employers are now looking at, they will or some will actually check to see if you have some sort of social page out there, then they will see what type of things or people you relate to…which could mean no job…something to think about.

My Perspective:
The internet can be overwhelming, full of information, content, ideas, and opportunities, just make certain to find something that fits your personality, because there out there it’s a matter of finding the one, maybe two that work…and if at all possible try the different methods of driving your business or marketing it, people have some great ideas that works, it’s a matter of finding the one marketing method that works for your products or service. That’s why I say try them out, research before using third party marketing firms, most of them simply do what you can do yourself others work. I found what works for me, it’s cheap and it does what I need it to do. Keep an eye out on the net, take the time to hone your internet marketing skills, but remember make time for your life, family, friends, and/or kids, having a balance between life and work will remind you of why you are doing what you are doing.

Thanks for reading, good luck and remember; patience, consistency and time will be your friends. Till next time Latino Man signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment