Disclaimer

Disclaimer: All postings seen here are not intended to provide financial or legal services. They are solely experiences, experessions, ideas or thoughts from a normal everyday Latino Man. I simply wish to share them with those that will read them.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Real Estate Renewal Incident


As I was studying for my Real Estate License renewal, a few colleagues I work with, happen to see me studying and asked if I was a new Real Estate agent or renewing, I told them I was renewing and then they proceeded to tell me they were also Real Estate agents but they decided not to renew, because of this housing market and how difficult it was to even get a loan. So as they walked away I started wondering why I was spending the time and money to renew if it has been tough these past 4 years, compared to the previous years. I mean, when I thought about it, I have only closed about 18 transaction in the past 4 years…nothing to write home about, so then this year so far I have had only one transaction, on a condo…other than that nothing…the pickings are small. Well, I said maybe I should not bother.

Well, of course I only thought about it for about a minute and said to myself that it won’t hurt to keep my license active, because I am confident that the market will turn around and in the meantime I can brush up on my education and maybe finish up some more credentialing to expand my services or expertise. So I am still studying.

The thing is that I was totally surprised on how many individuals are actually working where I work and are Real Estate agents, all stating that the business is terrible and they had to find a more steady income, but the thing is most of them are not actively working even part time as an agent…you see I am working part time, I market my services, I solicit for clients and I work part time showing houses and trying of course to find listings…I can still do, it so I do it

Now, I am probably one crazy individual, because besides doing that I also run this Blog and of course I maintain the Affiliate Business I have…I do that once a month…oh by the way I just got a check for 338 earned in 2-weeks…not a whole lot, but heck…I said before it has taken me three years to get it to this point but now I am actually seeing something…it pays for itself in marketing and I have a little left over I use towards other things or sometimes I put it directly toward a bit more marketing for this business…hey…I still believe that in another three years I could see double the 338…lol.


Check out my Tab on Residual Income…it’s free to read and you it might give you some ideas…

Anyhow…I wanted to share what occurred to me while studying for my Real Estate license…thought it was interesting seeing first hand how this economy has created a negative view on the housing market…I see it, but I don’t feel the need to give up just yet.


Hey thanks for reading, Latino Man signing off till next time stay positive and remember – You Can.

No comments:

Post a Comment